Compare Rideshare Insurance for Uber or Lyft Drivers in minutes
Insuroxrepresentsmultiple insurance companies who specialize in rideshare insurance.
Rideshare companies (Uber or Lyft) provide some insurance, but you may not always be fully covered by these policies. Personal auto policies across the industry will not cover any rideshare driving activity. This is usually covered by the rideshare company that you are driving for at that time.
What does this impact you? Gaps in insurance coverage could lead you out of pocket expenses for damage to your car or some medical expenses. Our partners provide rideshare endorsement for part-time drivers can help you avoid some of those potential coverage gaps.
Insurox offers Rideshare Insurance thru Plymouth Rock, Progressive, Bristol West and Clearcover
Highlights of the optional Ride-share Insurance Endorsement
- Works across ride-share companies: Instead of limiting the driver to a single company. Our insurance coverage allows drivers to work with multiple ride-share companies.
- Cost-effective: Adding an endorsement to an existing policy will generally be less expensive than a separate commercial policy.
- Seamless coverage: Extends a driver’s underlying policy.
- The Rideshare insurance endorsement is available to current Auto customers
Typical Rideshare-Provided Insurance Benefits
To start, there are 3 periods of rideshare driving
- Sitting in your car ready to work. You log into the Uber, Lyft or other rideshare app and are waiting for a ride request to come in.
- You accept a passenger rideshare and are on your way to pick them up at the location spot.
- You arrive to your passenger and they get in your vehicle. Now you are off to the destination location
Rideshare companies (which are technically called “transportation network companies” or TNC's) provide low-limit coverage during period 1. During this time, TNC policies generally do not offer coverage for damage to your auto and only low-limit coverage for injuries to others or damage to others’ property.
TNC's provide commercial policies for drivers during period 2 and 3. During these periods, a typical TNC policy only provides drivers with low-limit coverage for their own injuries, and potentially higher collision and comprehensive deductibles than drivers carry on their personal auto policy.
Plymouth Rock’s Rideshare Insurance
Plymouth Rock’s coverage allows rideshare drivers to fill some potentially needed insurance gaps. You have your choice of two options:
- The basic rideshare driver endorsement. This is excess coverage that expands what you receive from TNCs in period 1.
- The enhanced rideshare driver endorsement. This includes the basic coverage, along with excess coverage for periods 2 and 3. Plus, Plymouth Rock will cover the difference in the physical damage deductible on the driver’s personal policy and the deductible on the TNC policy in those two periods.
The best part? Adding this coverage probably costs less than you’d think.